Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Pressie from Hubbie...

My lovely hubbie Andy brought me a muntjac deer skeleton as inspiration for my latest work. He found it whilst walking our two hounds Wooluf & Greebo. I think they might have liked it for their tea! Naughty Dawgs! Inspiration for my latest work comes from Giger, Dr Gunther van Hagen, ( programme on channel 4 recently about his work, 'The crucifixion')http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9190588/Crucifixion-Channel-4-review.html There was an amazing church in Prague featured in the programme, made entirely from human bones. It was rather macabre but also very beautiful. Hubbie thought it'd be such a shame to leave this wonderful skeleton on the roadside, he really does understand my strange taste in beauty.
Makes me think of Giger

I decided to bury this beautiful creature, the earth will strip all the bones clean in about six months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment