Search This Blog

Saturday 7 April 2012

Heat Experiments

Put together a couple of ideas for cuffs today, lots of fiddly work with the micro nuts & bolts. Fired up the vintage 1930s gas cooker, which has one temperature setting...on!
Ten minutes was far too hot, and melted the mirror acrylic. Also I need to make a cast of my wrist as trying to bend melted plastic and hot metal around a bandaged wrist (for heat protection) was mighty stupid!
Black & engraved mirror acrylic cuff

Another view

You can see from this that 10 minutes has melted the mirror acrylic.

Back to the drawing board, not sure if i'll use these as yet.

5 minutes in the oven!

Still having probelms with the nuts unscrewing themselves, I've tried screwlock also a kind of superglue.

Lasercut cold porcelain which I made myself, laser cut whilst still mouldable and bandged around a bottle.

another view of the cuff

The inside which was a heat transfer design

needs alot more work, but do I concentrate on other pieces

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Gertie! Like jewelery for Meccano & Lego fanatics!

    ReplyDelete