Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Summertide Exhibition at Great Yarmouth Library .
I'm feeling very excited to be apart of a curated exhibition by the UEA. The private view is tonight, so an anxious time as I'm not good at mingling, I love people but find events very stressful indeed....
Here's some photos of the work I've submitted...
The first one is from a series I'm currently working on entitled 'Everything but the Girl' mixed media textiles, original photography/ Model/ Carrow House Lace Collection/ Digital Artwork/ Hand Eco print fabric/ and Hand stitch.

' Everything but the Girl' Mixed media textiles/ Original Photographs/  Model/ Carrow House Lace Collection all digitally enhanced artwork/ mixed felted fibres including human hair.
'Cover' from the Memento Mori Series
Original photograph digitally enhanced and printed onto hair.

I've been thinking about why I make this work. For me its a cathartic process that lets me process deep emotions and feelings. Its very personal and my work is based around themes of loss, mental ill health, relationship, selective memory or subjective truth, also sentimentalism with links to Victorian mourning themes of keepsakes of loved ones using hair as tokens of lost love.

No comments:

Post a Comment